What can I do?
Here are a few possibilities:
- Tell someone else about this site.
- Join the Canada Haiti Action Network (CHAN) mailing list.
- Get involved in a local Haiti Solidarity Group, or start one. Visit CanadaHaitiAction.ca for more information on local groups and events.
- Donate to the Haiti Information Project, which provides invaluable reporting and photography from the front lines.
- Order some stickers. At 100 for $5 (shipping included), they're a cost-effective way to get the word out. Email info at outofhaiti.ca for more information.
- Organize a local screening of the Kevin Pina's (of the Haiti Information Project) films about Haiti. Contact us at info at outofhaiti.ca for more information.
- Donate to the Canada Haiti Action Network to help defray the costs of our ongoing campaign.
- Write a letter to your MP, outlining your problems with Canada's role in Haiti.
- Write a letter to the editor, responding to unfactual reporting on Haiti.
- Work with your town council or student union to pass a motion in solidarity with the Haitian people. (Even if it doens't pass, the process generates much-needed debate.)